Running is one of the oldest sports in history, dating back to the first marathons in ancient Athens. Over the past several years, running has grown in popularity, making it the recreational sport of choice. Running is attractive to many people because it is convenient, relatively low-cost, and can be done safely in most areas. There are physiological and psychological benefits to running including stress and weight reduction, blood pressure and depression control, and cardiovascular fitness and self esteem improvement.
How we can help
According to American Sports Data, running accounts for over 1.5 million injuries annually. Through the course of their running careers, 50 to 70% of runners are likely to sustain at least one running related injury. Due to the repetitive nature of the sport and the compressive joint loads sustained while running (from 5-10x body weight), overuse injuries affecting the knee, ankle and foot, and hip are the most common. Establishing adequate muscular balance and proper running mechanics will reduce risk of injury and lengthen your running career.
What to expect
Our Initial Comprehensive Running Evaluation is performed by licensed physical therapists, and includes a running gait assessment using state-of-the-art Dartfish video analysis and a force plate treadmill. A complete musculoskeletal examination is also performed and synthesized with data from your gait analysis to create an individualized exercise program and specific recommendations to achieve your running goals.
- Our experienced physical therapists are experts in biomechanical assessments and running gait analysis
- Our state-of-the-art equipment includingContemplas treadmill-force plate integration and Dartfish video analysis
- Individual DVD of gait analysis for home use
- Specialized education and instruction on your running mechanics and personal exercise program to achieve your goals
Initial Running Evaluation with Video and Force-plate Treadmill: $195 includes:
- Musculoskeletal examination
- Biomechanical evaluation using video and force plate treadmill
- Recommendation assessment summary emailed to you
- Individualized exercise program development
- DVD of video and force-plate analysis given to you on the evaluation
Follow-up sessions 45 minutes:
- $85 for single session
- Series of 5 sessions $375 ($75 each)
- Series of 10 sessions $700 ($70 each)
2360 Clay Street
San Francisco, CA 94115