With the return of our beloved Giants in an “even number year” and with the addition of a few new characters, let’s talk about some of the pro’s favorite Baseball related warm-up and strengthening exercises.
Whether or not you play, it’s always fun to look onto the field during warm-ups and test your “training” knowledge. So let’s play a round of photo-hunt and see if you can match the correct exercise to that which our favorite Giants are performing below. (Don’t worry, answers will be shown below).
- “Hey everybody, it’s sunny”…to be happy
- Dynamic hug with big smiles…to open the chest and thoracic spine
- Dynamic lunge hip flexor stretch with thoracic rotation…open hips and spine
- Sleeper’s stretch… to stretch the back side of the shoulder
- “Clean the wall”… to warm up your forearm
- “Sand the floor”… to warm up your hand
- “Wave the flag”… to warm up your shoulder
- “Towel Drill”… to improve follow-through mechanics
- “Buttkickers”… to warm up hamstrings
- “Walk like a Flamingo”… to practice balance
- “Jog with your teammates”… to make the fans happy