by Natalie Wong, PT, OCS
CPMC Physical Therapy and Sports Wellness Center
In 2007, California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC) Physical Therapy Department started the Sports Wellness Program to bridge the gap between medically necessary therapy services and community based wellness and fitness programs. With the growing number of active individuals in the Bay Area, life spans expanding, and the desire to make a more lasting change with our patients, the PT department began offering a range of wellness programs taught by therapists that are available to employees and the public. With the medical and fitness expertise of the physical therapy team, we keep you fit in the safest way possible.
Below are brief descriptions of what we have to offer.
- Total Body Fitness – An effective 60-minute cardio and strength workout for those trying to prevent injuries and stay healthy. We provide a Level I and II class.
- Fit for Life – A class designed for people 60 years or older to help them increase strength and flexibility, improving their balance and reducing their risk of falls. This overwhelmingly successful class helps keep participants healthy and independent.
- Pilates – Our Pilates Mat Class and Private Pilates Reformer sessions are taught by Physical Therapists with Pilates certifications.
- Bike Fit –Are you fit to ride? Our Fit to Ride Program offers two bike-fit options.
- Option 1: A musculoskeletal assessment with a bike-fit evaluation with you seated on your bike that is secured to the bike-fit trainer.
- Option 2: In addition to the bike-fit evaluation and musculoskeletal assessment, this option includes an interactive cycling video analysis to optimize your comfort, efficiency, speed and overall cycling performance.
- Running – CPMC’s Running Clinic will help you improve running mechanics to optimize biomechanical efficiency and endurance; improve posture, flexibility, strength, and balance; minimize repetitive joint stress and prevent injury; identify common running training errors; and provide skilled exercise program instruction and feedback.
- Alter G Treadmill – Do you want to return to running or start a running or walking program but afraid you are too overweight or injury prone? The anti-gravity treadmill is a technology that unloads you so you can walk/run with an adjusted body weight.
- Golf Conditioning – Are you ready to get back on the golf course or improve your game? Private sessions are with physical therapists who are (Titleist) TPI certified.
- Fitness Training – What are your fitness goals? To prevent injury? Stay healthy? Lost weight? Exercise during pregnancy? Our private sessions with a Physical Therapist will tailor an exercise program to meet your needs. CPMC employee discount available.
We are located at:
Outpatient Physical Therapy – Pacific Campus
2360 Clay Street
San Francisco, CA 94115